9.16.2012

where to start.

maybe i should start with my disdain for at&t. yes, i think i shall. to top off our rocky relationship, the wonderfully rude girl who helped me disconnect my land line, also helped me disconnect our internet. 4 phone calls and 4 hours later...nothing changed. however, september 12th has come and gone and we once again have internet. praise the lord. 
within the last month i have accrued a ridiculous amount pictures. completed 4 weeks of school. had one child turn 4 whole years old and the other turn 7 months. turned 29 years young myself. kept my sanity. and stayed true to my motto that this is the year of fun. i will obviously teach all standards necessary and to the best of my ability....but there is going to be fun had. and it is safe to say...fun has been had. 
before i get ahead of myself, let me back this fun train right on up.

first day of school we read first day jitters and made jitter juice from here. ridiculously fun. kids had a blast. by far has been their favorite thing & have asked multiple times since then if we can make jitter juice again.
 i duck taped a desk. two very enthusiastic thumbs up. quick and easy. kids beg to sit here.
 donations just don't happen at my site. if you're lucky you will have a single solitary parent that volunteers their time or resources, but in my 6 years of teaching...i have probably had 4 or 5 parents who fall into that category. so this year for back to school night, i wrote out what our class would benefit from on apples, scattered them around with examples and waited. it totally worked! most parents took an apple or two and within a week, i had stocked my cabinet with clorox wipes, tissues, and colored pencils. i will definitely expand upon this next year.


 we have written friendly letters.
 learned how to summarize.
 learned the four different kinds of sentences.
 made cunieform tablets out of salt dough while we studied mesopotamia.


 changed up my spray chalkboard paint quote board.
 studied the order of operations with post it notes.

 practiced how to write algebraic operations with these.
practiced solving equations with shaving cream. while their partners checked their work via whiteboard. a class favorite.

 remembered 9/11 with handprint flags, a bravery journal write, and this video



 found this hilarious poster on pinterest and revamped it.
 started subjects and predicates until i realized that the knowledge of nouns and verbs was lost somewhere over summer break. so we backed it right up and went over nouns with the help of nelly noun and verbs with vincent verb.
 finished chapter 1 and did our review with centers. 




 and capped off this last week with good ol fashioned angry verbs. another kid favorite. 
i seriously can't believe how fast time flies. fifth week of school already?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment

leave me some love ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...